Named for Maynard H. Jackson, the first African-American mayor of a large southern city, Maynard Jackson High School is located just south of Interstate 20 in historic Grant Park, a stone’s-throw from the Atlanta Beltline.
The Maynard Jackson PTSA collaborates with parents, teachers, students, and the community to enhance the high school experience through school events and committee and staff support volunteer opportunities. In addition to events we plan throughout the year, we:
• provide mini-grants for teachers for their educational initiatives, from field trips to performances,
• award senior scholarships for member students active in the school and community who have shown marked growth in character, academics, and pursuit of goals,
• assist hardship cases in our Jaguar family,
• communicate events through our bi-weekly newsletter, The Roar, and
• show our appreciation for our hard-working faculty and staff.
In five short years, we have grown from 30 to over 400 members — a membership increase of more than 1000 percent! The PTSA proudly supports our Jaguar Family.